Women going into business cite access to funding as one of the major obstacles.
Mirassou Winery is offering $50,000 in seed money in a contest open to potential women business owners. Act fast! The deadline is Dec. 15, 2007. (If you miss it, check back to see if they open it again in 2008, as seems likely.)
You’ll need a personal essay about yourself as a business person, and a simple business plan. (love that simplified plan! must remember to write a new post about it!)
Read all the details at Make your Dreams Come True with Mirassou.
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021