Reader Doug Mitchell shared another rural advantage:
OK, Des Moines is not exactly rural…but it is compared to where I come from in Southern CA. So my slightly “rural” advantage is that it’s much easier to connect with the proper network one needs to get things done. Granted the network is much smaller…but that’s the beauty of it. I’d rather navigate a small but powerful rural network than what I had to deal with before (seemingly millions of people that didn’t care much about what I was doing).
More reasons to love where you live:
Have your own idea of a rural advantage? Share!
[My photo of the small but powerful rural network combining to help a small business owner.]
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022