Short and Sweet Review: It works, without wires!
Who should use it: Small businesses with existing wireless networks.
Mike Phan with Rocket XL sent it to me for a review. I set it up in my home office, where I have a simple wireless network. Setup was as easy as any other recent printer I’ve purchased.
A few points caught my attention.
Single use ink cartridges
The ink cartridges are licensed for one use only. This is marked on the cartridge, as well as mentioned in the installation process. Good news: they include pre-paid return mailers.
The power cord is a bit unusual. There is one cord from the wall to the little transformer box, then instead of another cord from there to the printer, the transformer plugs into the back of the printer.
I’ve had printers before that auto align, but my last several HP All-in-One’s didn’t. I forgot that I really like that!
Wireless is Nice
I did need to use a USB cable (included in the box!) to do the initial setup. After that, I unplugged the cable, and it works perfectly wireless-ly. I love printing from my laptop, from anywhere on the network, and now I’m contemplating where it makes the most sense to setup the printer. Anywhere there is power and it can get signal, it will work.
This printer would be a good fit for small or home businesses that have a wireless network. The flexibility of placing the printer anywhere is a valuable feature.
Photos from the installation are online at Flickr.
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020