Networking with many new media folks, I realized that lots of people are starting businesses. Since helping people start a business is the full time job of my co-author “OkieJ” Jeanne Cole, we decided to present a live internet TV miniseries on small business startup issues.
Problem with the player? Watch it at Operator 11.
Becky McCray and Jeanne Cole live from the Small Business Development Center in Alva, taking your small biz startup questions live in the chat room or by video. Today, Jeanne talks about how to get financing, and Becky discusses basic record keeping. We also talk about what a Small Business Development Center can do for you, and where to find one. Lots of great questions from the chat room, including business structures, pricing your services, and taxes on online businesses.
Want free confidential small business counseling before or after the show? Sign up with us at http://urltea.com/1god
One more episode to follow on Oct. 29.
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020