In today’s world, it’s more not what you know, it’s who you know. I realize that is not news. What is different? You can know know people from all over, and use that to benefit your small town small biz.
Here are some examples and ideas.
Rob at Business Pundit contemplated how modern business requires you to network to get ahead.
Jeff Pulver friendsourced to find a web designer. If you are not present online, you will miss friendsourcing opportunities.
Network on many levels. To stay up these days, you’ll have to keep up with the new networking forms.
ChrisVanPatten shared a “Neat MySpace promotion: local photographer who does senior pictures gives free wallet pics if you add her as a friend and post a comment.”
Anita Campbell, smallbiztrends, used Twitter to network for writers for her site, Small Business Trends: http://tinyurl.com/267x4r
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates. Want more stories? Read our shared stories from all over.
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021