OK, broadband maybe didn’t change my life overnight, but I could not do my work effectively with out it! So I was all over this email from Joy Howell.
My name is Joy and I am the director of a new public awareness campaign called “Broadband Changed My Life.” Being a blogger who is active in rural issues, I am sure you can appreciate our mission – to encourage broadband deployment and adoption in the United States and to raise awareness of the benefits of advanced broadband in today’s world. I blog about the topic frequently at the Alliance for Public Technology blog.
I think Small Biz Survival readers will be very interested in participating in a contest we are running. The Broadband Changed My Life Contest is an opportunity for folks to share their personal stories about how high speed internet access has improved their life and thereby earn a chance to win up to $1000.
Deadline for entries is October 1, 2007, so hop by the Broadband Changed My Life Contest quickly!
I know I don’t have to lecture you to support the mission to speed the deployment of broadband in the US. Rural small businesses already get it.
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021