Remember Mark Harbeke and our friends at Winning Workplaces? They are dedicated to helping you improve your small business workplace, creating better work environments.
I just got an email from Executive Director Mary C. Clark telling me they received over 800 nominations for their Top Small Workplaces contest, a joint project with The Wall Street Journal.
Clark said these “top” businesses increased revenue over 40% in three years, retained 89% of their employees, encouraged innovation, kept their culture while they grow and found solutions to some of the problems that plague all businesses. They’ve planned a big conference and celebration in Chicago on October 3 & 4, 2007, to share some of the best practices. The list of workshop topics looks promising! They’ve focused on practical info from experienced entrepreneurs.
Help spread the word:
Top Small Workplaces Conference & Celebration,
Wednesday and Thursday, October 3 & 4, 2007
The Mid-America Club, 200 E. Randolph, Chicago
Practical information you can use from real world business leaders.
Honoring the 2007 Top Small Workplaces named by The Wall Street Journal and Winning Workplaces.
/topsmallbizfor information and registration or call 847-328-9798.
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021