This post was nominated for a SEMMY Award.
Any small business could use simple online videos for promotion. Video builds relationships and can be very persuasive. You can make simple videos with just your digital camera and some free software. Need some inspiration for how to use it?
You don’t have to start a daily or even weekly show. You can create individual videos that stand alone to post on your site.
Here are some different ways you can build your business with videos.
- Have a tourism business? Shoot some video of your area attractions.
- Do you create a product? Film the production process. Emphasize your quality, safety, uniqueness.
- Selling products? Demonstrate them on film. I just watched a short video of a carry on bag at ebags! It was really persuasive, and I wanted to see more of them for other products. So film your products; it sells!
- Providing services? Introduce your people!
Any business could:
- Profile your customers.
- Show how you solve problems for customers.
- Tell your founding story.
- Talk about future plans.
- Share your vision and passion!
Let’s get more specific. Here are some ideas for real businesses.
- Hotel: Show rooms, common areas, and the attractions nearby. Introduce your people.
- Accountant: Profile some customers, and let them tell how you’ve solved problems with them.
- RV Campsite: Show your beautiful setting, the fun activities, the peace and quiet.
- Bakery: Take us behind the scenes in the kitchen, or to your suppliers. Could you go all the way to the wheat fields?
- Dune buggy maker: Let’s hit the dunes! And, let us see how much safety and strength goes into each one.
- Dry cleaner: Teach us about different fabrics, treating spots, or even fashion trends.
- Lawn mowing: Show us your most ambitious project, your best lawn, or your trusted workers.
- Artist: nah, that’s too easy. Besides showing your art, why not feature a glimpse of the creative process?
Now, here’s the challenge. You name a business, and I’ll come up with some ways to use video!
- Seasonal business: How to beat the annual “no bookings!” panic - August 8, 2022
- Recession? Practical steps from 3 international peers - August 3, 2022
- Reaching “at risk” kids for local jobs - July 15, 2022
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022