This post was nominated for a SEMMY Award.
Any small business could use simple online videos for promotion. Video builds relationships and can be very persuasive. You can make simple videos with just your digital camera and some free software. Need some inspiration for how to use it?
You don’t have to start a daily or even weekly show. You can create individual videos that stand alone to post on your site.
Here are some different ways you can build your business with videos.
- Have a tourism business? Shoot some video of your area attractions.
- Do you create a product? Film the production process. Emphasize your quality, safety, uniqueness.
- Selling products? Demonstrate them on film. I just watched a short video of a carry on bag at ebags! It was really persuasive, and I wanted to see more of them for other products. So film your products; it sells!
- Providing services? Introduce your people!
Any business could:
- Profile your customers.
- Show how you solve problems for customers.
- Tell your founding story.
- Talk about future plans.
- Share your vision and passion!
Let’s get more specific. Here are some ideas for real businesses.
- Hotel: Show rooms, common areas, and the attractions nearby. Introduce your people.
- Accountant: Profile some customers, and let them tell how you’ve solved problems with them.
- RV Campsite: Show your beautiful setting, the fun activities, the peace and quiet.
- Bakery: Take us behind the scenes in the kitchen, or to your suppliers. Could you go all the way to the wheat fields?
- Dune buggy maker: Let’s hit the dunes! And, let us see how much safety and strength goes into each one.
- Dry cleaner: Teach us about different fabrics, treating spots, or even fashion trends.
- Lawn mowing: Show us your most ambitious project, your best lawn, or your trusted workers.
- Artist: nah, that’s too easy. Besides showing your art, why not feature a glimpse of the creative process?
Now, here’s the challenge. You name a business, and I’ll come up with some ways to use video!
- The secret to effective follow up: What NOT to say - April 15, 2019
- How church buildings can do more for the community - April 8, 2019
- Ideas to fill empty display windows - April 2, 2019
- Know your customers: What do they want to be good at? - March 25, 2019
- 99% of the best things you can do for your town don’t require anyone’s permission - March 4, 2019
- Want more public attendance at your events? Make sure your signs include this specific phrase - February 18, 2019
- Know your customer: Who’s asking them questions? - February 11, 2019
- How restaurants can market each other in small towns - February 4, 2019
- SEO for voice search is different for rural small business - January 28, 2019
- What businesses would work in a small town with empty land - January 21, 2019