Take this idea from Scotland. After a year of studying what businesses in their area actually need, this mentoring project was designed and launched.
Mentors from the local business community will be recruited to help support people who are thinking of setting up in business in the area. Enterprise visits will also be co-ordinated to help spread good ideas and share best business practice in rural areas.
Interested? Read more and get connected at Scottish Enterprise.
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021