Take this idea from Scotland. After a year of studying what businesses in their area actually need, this mentoring project was designed and launched.
Mentors from the local business community will be recruited to help support people who are thinking of setting up in business in the area. Enterprise visits will also be co-ordinated to help spread good ideas and share best business practice in rural areas.
Interested? Read more and get connected at Scottish Enterprise.
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020