Lots of small town small businesses are food related. Think farms, wineries, farmers’ markets, roadside stands, local restaurants, and all those homemade salsas, pickles, and barbecue sauces. Together, these businesses can promote themselves as an entire region of delicious experiences.
Our Friend Jack Schultz found a local food guide and an artisan bread festival. You can copy both ideas for your region and your local food business. All the participating businesses will benefit from the increased traffic and awareness.
A related idea is a kitchen incubator. Our neighboring town of Dacoma turned their decommissioned school building into an incubator, including that big beautiful commercial kitchen. That allows the local homemade food producers to meet to health department requirements without having to remodel their home. The biggest success to date are the scrumptious pickles!
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021