AOL is showing an AP story today, Alaska Town is Giving Away Free Land.
Here’s the interesting twist: the program was developed by the local high school students. They convinced the city council to go along with it.
Other free land programs exist. I’m familiar with Kansas Free Land, an impressive regional effort.
- Ask your local students to get involved in your community efforts in a meaningful way. Ask them to brainstorm!
- Consider banding together with other communities in your region for a similar land giveaway program.
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022