If you can draw, consider painting windows of small businesses in your town. A local artist used to do a healthy side business of decorating business windows with seasonal designs. Since we can’t draw at all, we miss her!
UPDATE: An online resource for window painters is WindowPainting.org. They have a great page of tips to get you started, a photo gallery, a directory of window painters, patterns and a video for sale.
[Photos by my nephew of paintings on our store windows.]
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020