Our friend Zane Safrit has links to some articles on Ethanol and BioFuels Progress .
These are two big items for rural midwestern communities. It’s a huge discussion topic here in Iowa. … Ethanol, specifically, and BioFuels, in general, offer a tempting door to a whole new economic future for the midwest communities who’ve seen economic riches move to the coast for the most part and stay there.
Albert City, IA, Ethanol Plant Opens with Fanfare.
US BioEnergy’s Albert City facility has been operational since late 2006, but the official opening was Wednesday. The ceremony was broadcast live on the CNBC network.
That last sentence says it all. A ceremonial opening of an existing ethanol plant is broadcast live on CNBC…
[Photo of ethanol plant at Albert City, Iowa, from US BioEnergy.]
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022