Small Biz Survival is one of hundreds across the country taking part in EntrepreneurshipWeek USA (February 24 – March 3, 2007) by planning thousands of activities for America’s next generation of entrepreneurs.
Why is this important? In the rural Midwest and Great Plains, nearly 70 percent of job growth in the 1990s came from people starting small businesses. That’s straight from the Center for Rural Affairs.
Take Action: Use some of the ideas from our Brain Drain Fighter to engage your local youth in entrepreneurial action!
EntrepreneurshipWeek USA is a week-long effort to celebrate the power of entrepreneurship and ignite the nation’s consciousness around the importance of being entrepreneurial.
The Week helps the education community and business leaders across the US strike up a deeper, on-going discussion about the power of entrepreneurship to drive the local – and national – economy.
The Week encourages events developing entrepreneurial knowledge, skills and attitudes that prepare today’s youth to be the entrepreneurial leaders of the future.
Above all, EntrepreneurshipWeek USA will celebrate the creativity, imagination and innovation of entrepreneurship in all its forms – business start-ups, social entrepreneurship and enterprising employees within existing organizations.
- Seasonal business: How to beat the annual “no bookings!” panic - August 8, 2022
- Recession? Practical steps from 3 international peers - August 3, 2022
- Reaching “at risk” kids for local jobs - July 15, 2022
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022