Small Biz Survival is one of hundreds across the country taking part in EntrepreneurshipWeek USA (February 24 – March 3, 2007) by planning thousands of activities for America’s next generation of entrepreneurs.
Why is this important? In the rural Midwest and Great Plains, nearly 70 percent of job growth in the 1990s came from people starting small businesses. That’s straight from the Center for Rural Affairs.
Take Action: Use some of the ideas from our Brain Drain Fighter to engage your local youth in entrepreneurial action!
EntrepreneurshipWeek USA is a week-long effort to celebrate the power of entrepreneurship and ignite the nation’s consciousness around the importance of being entrepreneurial.
The Week helps the education community and business leaders across the US strike up a deeper, on-going discussion about the power of entrepreneurship to drive the local – and national – economy.
The Week encourages events developing entrepreneurial knowledge, skills and attitudes that prepare today’s youth to be the entrepreneurial leaders of the future.
Above all, EntrepreneurshipWeek USA will celebrate the creativity, imagination and innovation of entrepreneurship in all its forms – business start-ups, social entrepreneurship and enterprising employees within existing organizations.
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020