Broadband means more than internet access
Connect SI is a 20-county effort to collaboratively enhance the economic and community development efforts throughout Southern Illinois using greater Internet access and bandwidth to communicate regionally and globally. This project isn’t about broadband internet access. It is about improving the quality of the lives of Southern Illinoisans by changing the way we work, live, and communicate with the world.
Larger minimum order requirement may close smaller rural retailers
The cruel irony is that the small retailers are the ones who founded the supplier as a cooperative. Now it is threating their survival. Read about it in Independent Online Edition.
Rural grocery cooperatives
Speaking of cooperatives, some rural small towns are using cooperatives to hold on to grocery stores. Read the Washington Post story. Or read the story reprinted at the Blog for Rural America, where other rural folks have commented.
- Seasonal business: How to beat the annual “no bookings!” panic - August 8, 2022
- Recession? Practical steps from 3 international peers - August 3, 2022
- Reaching “at risk” kids for local jobs - July 15, 2022
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022