Development vs. rural houses
Big rural projects, like the spate of new ethanol plants, can create problems as they run over the top of existing houses.
“Counties should limit where people can build homes in rural areas…. But if a house already is there, it can be difficult to resolve a conflict….” Ft. Wayne Journal Gazette.
Enterpreneurship education (REAL) draws interest from Norway
North Carolina (USA),Haywood Community College offers Rural Entrepreneurship through Action Learning (REAL). Visitors from Norway came to learn how entrepreneurship is integrated into classrooms. Asheville Citizen-Times.
Rural businesses get help with global competition
Illinois business can get help with international business through the resources profiled in the Quincy Herald Whig.
Read the profile of a rural Wyoming software business that expanded internationally, with a little help from the Small Business Development Center, in the University of Wyoming News.
Malta focusing on entrepreneurship
The Parliament is talking entrepreneurship as the key to competing globally. Go, Malta! Independent Online.
Hawaii’s plan for economic innovation
Gov. Linda Lingle announced a series of ideas to promote innovation, integrating K-12 education with higher education, workforce development, and innovating in government. Go, Hawai’i! Honolulu Advisor. Found on EDPro.
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021