This is an idea in the Tom Peters style. Innovate fast, and get customers involved early in the design process.
Our friend Owen Mead-Robins at Oprius Software is doing this. Here is his great idea for getting customers involved early in the design process:
We will soon be adding a section to our website where you will be able to get a sneak peak at upcoming features and design layouts. The idea is that we can publish images of how we think a new feature will work and you can tell us what you think. Changing a picture is much easier and faster than changing written software. This will allow us to make sure the software is really easy to use. Until then, keep sending us your feedback no matter how small it may seem, because your input is incredibly important to us.
And he’s not kidding. Oprius listens to customers and has a ravenous appetite for customer feedback. That’s the way to excellence.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020