This is an idea in the Tom Peters style. Innovate fast, and get customers involved early in the design process.
Our friend Owen Mead-Robins at Oprius Software is doing this. Here is his great idea for getting customers involved early in the design process:
We will soon be adding a section to our website where you will be able to get a sneak peak at upcoming features and design layouts. The idea is that we can publish images of how we think a new feature will work and you can tell us what you think. Changing a picture is much easier and faster than changing written software. This will allow us to make sure the software is really easy to use. Until then, keep sending us your feedback no matter how small it may seem, because your input is incredibly important to us.
And he’s not kidding. Oprius listens to customers and has a ravenous appetite for customer feedback. That’s the way to excellence.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- Seasonal business: How to beat the annual “no bookings!” panic - August 8, 2022
- Recession? Practical steps from 3 international peers - August 3, 2022
- Reaching “at risk” kids for local jobs - July 15, 2022
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022