Another small town small business idea:
Buy damaged items from online auction sites, repair them, and then resell them.
I got this idea from a student in one of my eBay classes. She would search eBay for broken china dolls. Her search keywords included “needs help” and “poor thing”. These broken dolls came at a steep discount. She would then repair them. I don’t think she was intending to make a profit, but you might!
If you consider this idea, here are a few suggestions:
- Specialize! Focus only on items you can repair well, and that have a strong resale market.
- Track your time, and carefully evaluate your profit potential.
- Be absolutely honest about repairs when you resell.
Do you have business ideas to share? We’d love to hear it.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Subscribe.
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022