Another small town small business idea:
Buy damaged items from online auction sites, repair them, and then resell them.
I got this idea from a student in one of my eBay classes. She would search eBay for broken china dolls. Her search keywords included “needs help” and “poor thing”. These broken dolls came at a steep discount. She would then repair them. I don’t think she was intending to make a profit, but you might!
If you consider this idea, here are a few suggestions:
- Specialize! Focus only on items you can repair well, and that have a strong resale market.
- Track your time, and carefully evaluate your profit potential.
- Be absolutely honest about repairs when you resell.
Do you have business ideas to share? We’d love to hear it.
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022