Rural entrepreneurship has become one of the most exciting areas of the New Economic Development.
But you don’t have to take my word for it. That quote is from economic development expert Ed Morrison.
This week, he has a round up of some of the best resources for reviving small towns.
Jack Schultz gets some good coverage, as well he should.
If you are interested in this trend in economic development, I recommend that you read Jack Schultz’s BoomTown USA: The 7-1/2 Keys to Big Success in Small Towns.
Jack writes a helpful blog here. You can read more background here.
Morrison goes on with several more articles, references to economic gardening, then he throws in Fairfield, Iowa, and the Center for Rural Entrepreneurship. It’s a good list of resources.
It is also gratifying to see rural economic development get some attention.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Subscribe.
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022