You have a huge advantage over the generations of small town business people who came before you. Through the internet you can learn from other people who live far away, but face similar challenges.
Right now, Pat Matthews is blogging at Small Town, Big Ideas about what he learned from some failures. Go right now and start reading Matthews’ series. Learn from him. Comment on his posts with your own insights.
Start with Writing about failure.
Then read Failure Story #1 – The New River Network. It is his true-life account of trying to build a regional network of professionals. It just didn’t work, but Matthews shares valuable lessons for anyone who is thinking of trying.
Matthews will have more stories to share, and I’m looking forward to learning more from him.
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021