Want to support new businesses in your small town? Try a Business Symposium.
Barber County (Kansas) Development, Inc., organized one with guest speakers to cover topics including:
- Barber County’s micro-loan program
- State and local tax exemptions
- Incentive programs
- Enterprise Zones
- Other local initiatives
You can pull together speakers on a similar list of local help in your area, and create a short day’s program.
Tina Davis, Barber County Development Director also gets kudus for this headline on their homepage:
What BCD can do for you and your business.
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021