Want to support new businesses in your small town? Try a Business Symposium.
Barber County (Kansas) Development, Inc., organized one with guest speakers to cover topics including:
- Barber County’s micro-loan program
- State and local tax exemptions
- Incentive programs
- Enterprise Zones
- Other local initiatives
You can pull together speakers on a similar list of local help in your area, and create a short day’s program.
Tina Davis, Barber County Development Director also gets kudus for this headline on their homepage:
What BCD can do for you and your business.
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021