Want to support new businesses in your small town? Try a Business Symposium.
Barber County (Kansas) Development, Inc., organized one with guest speakers to cover topics including:
- Barber County’s micro-loan program
- State and local tax exemptions
- Incentive programs
- Enterprise Zones
- Other local initiatives
You can pull together speakers on a similar list of local help in your area, and create a short day’s program.
Tina Davis, Barber County Development Director also gets kudus for this headline on their homepage:
What BCD can do for you and your business.
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020