I love the idea about being passionate and having great ideas. But I think Execution is king. I mean tons of people have really great ideas. But you often need people who can take an idea and get something done. Thats why there is that sterotype of the creative and the number cruncher business team.
Thanks, Kimberly! That is an excellent point about execution, and how the make up of the team does drive execution. JA’s point about the ups and downs also ties in: drive ahead with passion and commitment.
If I threw in a piece of advice for budding entrepreneurs, it would be to gain some experience before going all in. You can gain experience by talking and listening with other entrepreneurs, by working in an entrepreneurial firm and paying attention, or by starting small before making a huge leap.
Alfred R. Baudisch, of Jornada Imperial – Em busca dos trilhões, Brazil, has a formula for success. Here’s his comment:
I have tons of ideas, but I do not have time for starting them, because my business is growing and the demand is being high.
So, has kimberly been said, the execution comes after a idea.
I think the sucessful formula is Ideas, everything starts from an idea; Execution, what is an idea without going out of your mind?; Passion, to continue and develop the idea.
Of course another features are important, but they are together with these, in planning (idea), execution and passion.
Also, I think Mr. J A Chowdhary is a kind of Blue Ocean (www.blueocean.com) vision, which is perfect! (I am studying it for the 3rd time and writing my business new strategy on this).
Thanks for the article.
Thanks, Alfred! I like your formula of Ideas, Execution, Passion.
The Blue Ocean concept was new to me, and I find it fascinating! For those who aren’t familiar with it, the Blue Ocean Strategy is to move your business away from areas of fierce competition, towards clear open areas where you are uncontested. The website is www.blueoceanstrategy.com. Amazon has a decent online summary of the book, Blue Ocean Strategy.
Thanks for introducing me to a new strategy! It may be particularly adaptable to rural and small town businesses, who need to make themselves different from any other business in town.
What is your advice? Do you agree or disagree?
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022