I think this may be the best idea for a small town small business for those who are proficient online gamers. Springwise New Business Ideas profiled SynthTravels, a new business offering guided tours of online virtual worlds.
If you’ve heard of Second Life or World of Warcraft, but didn’t know how to begin or where to go or what to do, why not let a real person act as tour guide and show you around? That’s the idea of this business.
If you are experienced with virtual worlds, this is a business or sideline you could operate from anywhere you can get online. You could set up your own business, or possibly sign on with an existing firm. Different niches Springwise mentioned include parents and business branding executives.
If you want more small town small business ideas, browse the idea database or subscribe to Springwise.
- Seasonal business: How to beat the annual “no bookings!” panic - August 8, 2022
- Recession? Practical steps from 3 international peers - August 3, 2022
- Reaching “at risk” kids for local jobs - July 15, 2022
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022