What is it?
A national effort to inspire and encourage young people to consider entrepreneurship as a career choice and to celebrate America’s unique culture of inventiveness.
When is it?
With the theme,”What’s Your Big Idea? Take it On!” EntrepreneurshipWeek USA will be conducted Feb. 24 – March 3, 2007.
What’s the point?
The initiative is designed to serve as an inspiration for young people to think creatively and to turn their ideas into action – whether that means starting a new business, developing an innovation for an existing company or solving a problem that makes society better.
Who started it?
EntrepreneurshipWeek USA is sponsored by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation and by government, not-for-profit organizations and businesses, including The New York Times and Inc. magazine.
For the past two years, the United Kingdom has conducted a similar program, initiated by Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown, called Enterprise Week. Last year, as part of the second annual Enterprise Week, more than 11,000 young Britons participated in more than 2,200 events across the UK.
Where’s the website?
For more information on events and activities across the country and information to engage young people on how to get involved in EntrepreneurshipWeek USA, please visit www.EntrepreneurshipWeekUSA.com.
Info copied directly from the September Rural Entrepreneurship News, from RUPRI Center for Rural Entrepreneurship.
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021