What is it?
A national effort to inspire and encourage young people to consider entrepreneurship as a career choice and to celebrate America’s unique culture of inventiveness.
When is it?
With the theme,”What’s Your Big Idea? Take it On!” EntrepreneurshipWeek USA will be conducted Feb. 24 – March 3, 2007.
What’s the point?
The initiative is designed to serve as an inspiration for young people to think creatively and to turn their ideas into action – whether that means starting a new business, developing an innovation for an existing company or solving a problem that makes society better.
Who started it?
EntrepreneurshipWeek USA is sponsored by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation and by government, not-for-profit organizations and businesses, including The New York Times and Inc. magazine.
For the past two years, the United Kingdom has conducted a similar program, initiated by Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown, called Enterprise Week. Last year, as part of the second annual Enterprise Week, more than 11,000 young Britons participated in more than 2,200 events across the UK.
Where’s the website?
For more information on events and activities across the country and information to engage young people on how to get involved in EntrepreneurshipWeek USA, please visit www.EntrepreneurshipWeekUSA.com.
Info copied directly from the September Rural Entrepreneurship News, from RUPRI Center for Rural Entrepreneurship.
small biz rural entrepreneurship global youth
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Subscribe.
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022