More advice from the IRS on EFTPS for those of you with employees–
While using EFTPS is simple, secure and convenient, there are common mistakes that can cause delays and result in late posting of payments, which may lead to penalties. Avoid these mistakes by remembering the following tips:
- Using your legal company name can help avoid rejected entries and payments and save time. An incorrect name or abbreviation can cause the service to reject the payment.
- Plan ahead. Payments must be scheduled at least one day in advance of the settlement date, no later than 8 p.m. ET. EFTPS allows users to schedule payments any time of the day, any day of the week, from any location.
For more information on using EFTPS, visit www.simplifyeftps.org.
small biz rural entrepreneurship IRS HR
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Subscribe.
- Four Things to Know about Taxes and Starting a Business - November 14, 2017
- You probably should be making estimated tax payments to the IRS - November 7, 2017
- 2015 Standard Mileage Rates from the IRS - December 23, 2014
- Deducting your home office – webinar Wednesday - September 8, 2014
- Webinars on hiring independent contractors and avoiding common tax mistakes - April 30, 2014
- IRS? There’s an app for that - February 12, 2014
- IRS Tax Calendar for Small Business and Self-Employed - December 31, 2013
- 2014 Standard Mileage Rates for Business, Medical and Moving Announced - December 7, 2013
- Where can you find answers on the Affordable Care Act? The IRS - August 21, 2013
- Avoiding the Top Tax Mistakes - June 13, 2013