Energizing Young Entrepreneurs EYE*DEAS Talent Search
From the Center for Rural Entrepreneurship.
The Center’s research in recent years has found that entrepreneurship is gaining serious interest as a way of engaging young people. Many communities and organizations are coming up with their own entrepreneurial solutions, and we are seeking to learn more about them.
Between now and the end of 2006, we aim to collect community-based youth entrepreneurship stories and share them with others who are working in this field. We want to find out what young entrepreneurs and communities are doing; what these entrepreneurs and community-based programs may have in common; what communities can do to better support young entrepreneurs; and what will draw more young people to entrepreneurship as a career choice and pathway to building their future in a rural community. To do this, we need your help.
We are looking for your best stories about young entrepreneurs and community-based youth entrepreneurship programs or projects that you feel are making a real difference. Anyone – friend, family, teacher, entrepreneurship coach, mentor – may nominate a young entrepreneur or a community-based youth entrepreneurship program for the EYE*DEAS Talent Search.
The youth team at the Center for Rural Entrepreneurship will evaluate submissions as they are received and will notify nominees and their nominators if chosen as an “E of the Month” story featured on the Center’s website. A cash prize of $100 will be paid to any young entrepreneur or program that is selected as an “E of the Month” story between now and December 31, 2006.
For more information, go to http://www.energizingentrepreneurs.org/content/cr.php?id=7&sel=1 or email email@example.com.
small biz rural entrepreneurship youth
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Subscribe.
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022