If customers come to your location (retail, service, home office), you know it matters – first impressions last!
If no customers visit, you still have to work there. The environment does affect your productivity!
Do a walk through with a stranger. Write down everything they notice, without arguing, explaining, or rationalizing.
Ask employees or anyone you work with what’s broken, or what they notice.
Create a schedule, and fix it all.
Your business will thank you!
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021