Now, what can you make of this one?
Source: CNET Future Tech blog
Would you wear chicken feathers if they felt like wool or straw if it felt like cotton? Michael Kanellos blogs that researchers are trying to create fabrics made from waste products to replace the petroleum-based artificial fabrics found in bike jerseys, jackets and carpets. If the experiment works it could shake up the fabric industry. The cost of fabrics could decline and oil exports could drop a bit. But farmers would get another income stream.
How’s that for a small town business opportunity? Any comments on how you could take advantage of this one?
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020