Now, what can you make of this one?
Source: CNET Future Tech blog
Would you wear chicken feathers if they felt like wool or straw if it felt like cotton? Michael Kanellos blogs that researchers are trying to create fabrics made from waste products to replace the petroleum-based artificial fabrics found in bike jerseys, jackets and carpets. If the experiment works it could shake up the fabric industry. The cost of fabrics could decline and oil exports could drop a bit. But farmers would get another income stream.
How’s that for a small town business opportunity? Any comments on how you could take advantage of this one?
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021