Now, what can you make of this one?
Source: CNET Future Tech blog
Would you wear chicken feathers if they felt like wool or straw if it felt like cotton? Michael Kanellos blogs that researchers are trying to create fabrics made from waste products to replace the petroleum-based artificial fabrics found in bike jerseys, jackets and carpets. If the experiment works it could shake up the fabric industry. The cost of fabrics could decline and oil exports could drop a bit. But farmers would get another income stream.
How’s that for a small town business opportunity? Any comments on how you could take advantage of this one?
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021