All of us in the US have a role in advancing our competitiveness as a nation.
The National Academies will convene leaders of industry, government, research, and education from around the country on September 28, 2006, to share knowledge and discuss ways to advance U.S. competitiveness.
They will focus on education, research and innovation — action areas identified in the report, “Rising Above the Gathering Storm”, publlished earlier this year.
The National Academy is working hard to broaden the discussion across all 50 states. They are recruiting:
- State & Local Policymakers
- State & Local Economic Development Leaders
- State & Local Industry and Business Leaders
- Media, including Newspaper Editorial Boards
- School Board Members
- K-12 Teachers
- University and College Leaders
- Non-Governmental Organizations
More information on the “Convocation on Rising Above the Gathering Storm: Energizing and Employing Regions, States, and Cities” is available online here.
If I don’t quite qualify as a business leader, then maybe I fall into the category of media as a blogger. I know that I care about energizing my regional and local economy, so I want to find a way to participate.
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022