There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure.
Fridays are all about failure here. It’s the end of the week. A time you should assess what you accomplished. And in many companies, organizations, relationships, the one thing you never discuss is…your failures. Yet, anyone who’s ever accomplished anything more significant than getting out of bed knows all success is on the basis of lots of failures. That’s why success is so swe-e-e-e-t. It’s rare; it’s at the end of hard work; it’s at the end of …lots of failures.
Zane and I seem to think along the same lines. (That’s probably scary for him!) That’s why I’m glad he is contributing to my new small business podcast. (More about that soon!)
Another brave entrepreneur, Marco Terry shares his point of view, when he writes very frankly about failure and changing direction.
I’m going to tell you a story. It’s a story about a strategic bet, a sort of “bet the company strategy” that went very wrong. And what I did about it. And why, perhaps, this strategic catastrophe was a blessing. Really.
This has been an important lesson for me as an entrepreneur. I learned that failure is good. Failure can lead you to the idea that turns things around. But more importantly, I learned that the darkest hour in the day, is the hour before sunrise.
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022