Direct from the EDPro Weblog, here’s the scoop on rural outsourcing:
Rural areas are becoming more competitive with the expansion of communications networks. Here’s a good story about how some high tech jobs are being “outsourced” to rural regions. Read more.
Increasingly, rural counties are seeing that communciations networks are critical to their ability to compete. Here’s a story from Pennsylvania this week. Read more.
One community in rural Wyoming this week announced plans for a fiber optic network. Read more.
So it looks like the lesson is clear: you ARE your communications network. Want to compete? Want to attract alumni to return and found businesses? Want to draw jobs? Invest in your communications network. Other factors (especially people) play into this, but don’t neglect network building!
Start building relationships with all your communications providers to increase their investment.
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021