Do you hesitate about bragging? I’m amazed at how people, including you, can be so very shy with their accomplishments. So I’m beginning to realize that this is a second benefit of the Brag Basket; I am encouraging you to build your self-promotion skill!
Here’s how it works:
1. Think about your business this week; what went well, what didn’t work.
2. Pick one noteworthy accomplishment, splendid failure, or favorite moment.
3. Post a comment and brag about it!
That’s it. We’ll do this each weekend. The first purpose of the Brag Basket is to serve as a weekly reminder to review your business, think about where you are and where you want to be.
Just a couple of guidelines:
- This is open to entrepreneurs, small biz owners, people who work in small biz, people planning a new business, or anyone else who has a business item to brag about. If you have a small town or rural connection, so much the better!
- Feel free to include a sentence about your business and your home town, if you wish.
- Do think about how much detail to include. You may want to leave out any sensitive info; keep it general. For example, this may not be the place to announce the details of your best new idea!
- Don’t abuse this with spam advertising. I can and do delete abusive comments.
- Send me your suggestions for improvements to this feature and the entire blog.
So, yes, you are personally invited to brag! Go ahead, dish up!