Mark Taylor, another small town Oklahoman, put together his experience in business, education and workforce development, and came up with this article on changing your thinking.
Albert Einstein once said, “The significant challenges that we face today can not be solved at the same level of thinking at which they were created”.
The world of small business is a world of constant change and thus of needed constant evolution. An acquaintance of mine, from a former period in life, Maurice Maskereenis (phonetically spelled) used to claim to be the consultant that spoke to more small business’s every year than any other consultant. He did about 100 days a year with audiences that probably averaged in the 30’s. He said that the most common failure of small business was to keep working in the business at a time when they should have been working on the business. They miss an evolutionary step.
Years of planning on what it takes to start a small business must not be the same thinking that is required to grow it.
Peter Drucker, the father of modern management said he asked businesses the same three questions every time he consulted. What do you do, how do you do it and why do you do it the way you do.
They say that 95% of the franchise operations that start every year are still there 4 years later. Franchisers must be provided with assistance in working on the business.
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022