Tim and Natalie at Decisive Flow are my favorite Web 2.0 experts. That means they go through all the cool new internet tools and write useful reviews. Of all the sites out there, seems like I’m quote from Natalie and Tim more than anyone else!
So, here’s another post stolen, I mean borrowed, I mean sourced (yeah, sourced!) from Natalie at Decisive Flow, More Cheap Web Based Calling with Talkety.
I’ve written before about how Jajah fills a hole in Skype by offering cheap calling from and to landlines and cellphones accross the world. I had an excellent conversation last night using Jajah and even my mother (who still prints off emails and sends them via post instead of clicking the ‘forward’ button) agrees that services like these are not only cheap, they are excessively non-techie friendly.
So when I found out about Talkety, I was quite stoked. Talkety looks almost like a rebranded clone of Jajah, but they are offering free minutes to all new signups and look like they aim to build their customer base through offering free minutes for every referral – Which means, at the very least, the cost of long distance calling is dropping even further. I love competition in this industry, especially after living in three-phone-company-nz for so long, so reccommend you get stuck into these new services and give the established phone companies a little payback for years of overcharging.
Jajah Update – Firefox PluginThe JAJAH extension for Firefox integrates call functionality into your browser. Phone numbers on web pages are automatically detected and highlighted. When clicked, JAJAH initiates a phone call from your phone – landline or mobile – to the desired destination. – Firefox extensions
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the guided tour.
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021