Tim and Natalie at Decisive Flow are my favorite Web 2.0 experts. That means they go through all the cool new internet tools and write useful reviews. Of all the sites out there, seems like I’m quote from Natalie and Tim more than anyone else!
So, here’s another post stolen, I mean borrowed, I mean sourced (yeah, sourced!) from Natalie at Decisive Flow, More Cheap Web Based Calling with Talkety.
I’ve written before about how Jajah fills a hole in Skype by offering cheap calling from and to landlines and cellphones accross the world. I had an excellent conversation last night using Jajah and even my mother (who still prints off emails and sends them via post instead of clicking the ‘forward’ button) agrees that services like these are not only cheap, they are excessively non-techie friendly.
So when I found out about Talkety, I was quite stoked. Talkety looks almost like a rebranded clone of Jajah, but they are offering free minutes to all new signups and look like they aim to build their customer base through offering free minutes for every referral – Which means, at the very least, the cost of long distance calling is dropping even further. I love competition in this industry, especially after living in three-phone-company-nz for so long, so reccommend you get stuck into these new services and give the established phone companies a little payback for years of overcharging.
Jajah Update – Firefox PluginThe JAJAH extension for Firefox integrates call functionality into your browser. Phone numbers on web pages are automatically detected and highlighted. When clicked, JAJAH initiates a phone call from your phone – landline or mobile – to the desired destination. – Firefox extensions
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the guided tour.
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021