Tim and Natalie at Decisive Flow are my favorite Web 2.0 experts. That means they go through all the cool new internet tools and write useful reviews. Of all the sites out there, seems like I’m quote from Natalie and Tim more than anyone else!
So, here’s another post stolen, I mean borrowed, I mean sourced (yeah, sourced!) from Natalie at Decisive Flow, More Cheap Web Based Calling with Talkety.
I’ve written before about how Jajah fills a hole in Skype by offering cheap calling from and to landlines and cellphones accross the world. I had an excellent conversation last night using Jajah and even my mother (who still prints off emails and sends them via post instead of clicking the ‘forward’ button) agrees that services like these are not only cheap, they are excessively non-techie friendly.
So when I found out about Talkety, I was quite stoked. Talkety looks almost like a rebranded clone of Jajah, but they are offering free minutes to all new signups and look like they aim to build their customer base through offering free minutes for every referral – Which means, at the very least, the cost of long distance calling is dropping even further. I love competition in this industry, especially after living in three-phone-company-nz for so long, so reccommend you get stuck into these new services and give the established phone companies a little payback for years of overcharging.
Jajah Update – Firefox PluginThe JAJAH extension for Firefox integrates call functionality into your browser. Phone numbers on web pages are automatically detected and highlighted. When clicked, JAJAH initiates a phone call from your phone – landline or mobile – to the desired destination. – Firefox extensions
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the guided tour.
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022