A couple of great resources submitted by our readers.
nPost.com entrepreneur interviews
Nathan Kaiser emailed me about his site, nPost. As a fan of learning from others, I had a ball looking around nPost’s interviews. Kaiser explained a bit more:
The interviews focus on their insights, experiences, competitive environment, hiring practices and much more. They provide wonderful windows into life in a start-up and the minds of entrepreneurs.
Our latest feature was of Lloyd Frink, President and co-founder of Zillow.com. Other Entrepreneurs / Companies that have been featured include Reed Hastings / Neflix, Scott Heiferman / Meetup.com, Reid Hoffman / LinkedIn, Bob Parsons / GoDaddy.com, Jimmy Wales / WikiPedia, and over 120 other entrepreneurs.
nPost is also sponsoring networking events in Seattle and around the Pacific Northwest. They are also offering job postings on their site.
Business Opportunities Blog – new business ideas and more
Jimmy Wilson emailed me about the Business Opportunities Blog, or “BOB”. (Love that name!) BOB is there to give you the inspiration you need to go into business on your own. They feature news stories, business ideas, and inspiration. The photo from their story on Relocate to Greece certainly got me inspired!
I’ve mentioned their sister site, BusinessesForSale.com, before. They offer an RSS feed, so you can get daily updates of available businesses. Read about how to use that as an economic development tool.
Thank you to Kaiser and Wilson for taking time to email me about their sites. If you have a resource that rural business owners would benefit from, don’t be shy!
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020