Romanian Entrepreneur Cristian Dorobantescu regularly shares his honest Point of View. I really enjoy his occasional writings. One of his posts tells why he turned down a job offer: he wanted to keep his entrepreneurship alive. He explains in Entrepreneurship as an “Opportunity enhancement”.
I’ve been proposed a (probably) better job but I’ve said no
Well, I didn’t even considered the better job, because one of the requirements was to close my business. I have to say, that looking from outside this might look a little strange (unless the entrepreneurship part brings you a lot of money). Having entrepreneurship as a second job is hugely demanding, and sometimes doesn’t even pay off in terms of pride and accomplishment feeling, just because your entrepreneurship part has to go somehow anonymously. But even so, leaving behind the entrepreneurship (as business and entrepreneurship blog as well) does not sound very good just because I consider Entrepreneurship as an “Opportunity enhancement”. Entrepreneurship doesn’t necessarily bring you a lot of money, or other similar goodies that you might think of. It brings you opportunities. And sometimes having the choice is all that matters.
That’s the hard way to do things, but I like to be able to chose.
Remind you of anyone?
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020