How do you ask your customers to give you quality referrals? Here’s an idea from my sister Connie Foote’s Mary Kay unit newsletter.
It’s an idea that comes from Tracie Carley’s unit, an Independent Senior Sales Director from Lakeland, Florida. According to Tracie, it’s an easy, inexpensive way for Independent Beauty Consultants to find new leads.
The idea is to give your best customers three of your business cards and ask them to hand those cards out to three of their friends or colleagues. Tracie recommends giving the customers an incentive for each customer who calls.
Tracie believes that it works best to enlist the help of your good customers because they already know you and are willing to sing your praises to new prospects. She also recommends that you give them only three cards instead of more because if a customer believes she only has three chances to find potential customers and earn her incentive, she will go out of her way to make those three count.
That’s a good one!
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021