In the US Heartland, we are hearing about more and more ethanol plants. The nearby “big little” town of Enid, Oklahoma, is working on a second plant, even before completing the first. So you know that this is big and exploding.
But we are also hearing some contrarian voices, knocking ethanol as not all its promoted to be. So what’s the truth? Alex Halperin, writing in BusinessWeek, poses Ten questions — and answers — about the fuel that’s supposed to save the economy.
Some of the questions he answers are:
- What exactly is ethanol?
- Beyond high gas prices, why is everyone talking about ethanol?
- Are there any problems with ethanol?
- Doesn’t producing ethanol on a large scale use a great deal of energy?
- So where can I find ethanol?
- Is ethanol cheaper than gas?
- What companies stand to benefit from increased ethanol use?
- What can we expect to change in the future?
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021