In the US Heartland, we are hearing about more and more ethanol plants. The nearby “big little” town of Enid, Oklahoma, is working on a second plant, even before completing the first. So you know that this is big and exploding.
But we are also hearing some contrarian voices, knocking ethanol as not all its promoted to be. So what’s the truth? Alex Halperin, writing in BusinessWeek, poses Ten questions — and answers — about the fuel that’s supposed to save the economy.
Some of the questions he answers are:
- What exactly is ethanol?
- Beyond high gas prices, why is everyone talking about ethanol?
- Are there any problems with ethanol?
- Doesn’t producing ethanol on a large scale use a great deal of energy?
- So where can I find ethanol?
- Is ethanol cheaper than gas?
- What companies stand to benefit from increased ethanol use?
- What can we expect to change in the future?
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Spotlight on Community - November 10, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Spotlight a local business - November 9, 2022
- Picking your Holiday 2022 marketing theme - November 8, 2022
- Shared retail spaces and sheds: smart business ideas in small towns - October 17, 2022