While writing about rural broadband, and the lack thereof, I decided to also share a bit about this blog.
When I talk to small business people of all ages, I find myself explaining what blogs are. This type of technology still hasn’t penetrated to our target market: the small business owners and entrepreneurs of rural areas and small towns.
That puts this blog standing over a divide; monitoring the new technologies from one side, and reaching back to the entrepreneurs to help them jump the gap. If I were trying to make this blog into a business of its own, I might focus more on early adopters, believers, etc. But that is not the goal. What I’m trying to do is bring promising technologies to the regular everyday small business people of the rural world. And that is a completely different target.
small biz rural entrepreneurship
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022