Listen to the audio version here.
The hum of lawn mowers around here tells me that we are past spring cleaning and on to summer action. New projects are launching, and every day the pace of business is accelerating.
Take time to reflect. Our recent series on failure was based on Larry Wilson’s quote, “I cannot fail; I can only learn and grow.” I would add, “You only learn and grow if you take time to reflect.”
So here’s my suggestion. Take your calendar, and a blank notepad and pen. Get out of the office, out of the house. Go where you will not be disturbed. Try the public library; try the back 40; Tim and Natalie in New Zealand will probably hit the beach!
Now, review each day and contemplate successes, failures and lessons. Keep a record of what you have learned. Then come by Small Biz Survival and add to our weekly Brag Basket. We’ll help you applaud what you’ve learned.
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022