Listen to the audio version here.
The hum of lawn mowers around here tells me that we are past spring cleaning and on to summer action. New projects are launching, and every day the pace of business is accelerating.
Take time to reflect. Our recent series on failure was based on Larry Wilson’s quote, “I cannot fail; I can only learn and grow.” I would add, “You only learn and grow if you take time to reflect.”
So here’s my suggestion. Take your calendar, and a blank notepad and pen. Get out of the office, out of the house. Go where you will not be disturbed. Try the public library; try the back 40; Tim and Natalie in New Zealand will probably hit the beach!
Now, review each day and contemplate successes, failures and lessons. Keep a record of what you have learned. Then come by Small Biz Survival and add to our weekly Brag Basket. We’ll help you applaud what you’ve learned.
small biz rural entrepreneurship
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022