Andrea Wilson has written a terrific guide to providing great online customer service when a customer complains. She works through ten effective tips, including:
In emails, use “exaggerated courtesy.” Since the person can’t see your expression or hear your tone of voice, your words must do everything for you. Read emails at least three times before hitting the send button.
And this does matter, as Wilson continues:
How does good customer service increase your revenue? Every customer service encounter gives you another chance to:
* improve customer loyalty
* correct problems in your buying cycle
* upsell customers.
Wilson’s article is at Small Business Brief, a site that describes itself as “Providing small business resources, informative articles, current news, software directory and the small business ideas forum. Additionally offers a free weekly newsletter that caters to small business owners.”
And thanks to SmallBusiness CEO for bringing this article and resource to our attention.
small biz rural entrepreneurship
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
Dammit… I can’t find an email address ANYWHERE on your site. (By the way, this means people other than me can’t reach you without going through the efforts of leaving a comment).
Could you email me? chris aht chris brogan dot com .