Startups are a bunch of fun, but they sure aren’t easy. Here’s advice that I follow by:
1. Recruit the best talent – As a founder or CEO you’ll spend most of your time recruiting and putting together your exec team. The first 10 employees will dictate company culture and be crucial to success. You’ll need to set expectations up front for everyone.
2. Have a revenue plan – I’m amazed at the number of startups that don’t have a solid or realistic revenue strategy.
8. Have fun! – Most likely your first startup is not going to be a home run, but keep at it and stay persistent. If you learn from your mistakes the chances of winning are a lot better in the future.
Especially if you are a technology entrepreneur, read the rest of Xue’s post, PixPulse Your Life for the other points he makes.
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022