Are you promoting Father’s Day sales? If you have a retail business, maybe you should be. Melody Vargas, guide to About.com’s Retail Industry page, says:
A recent Brand Keys survey indicates that 75 percent of U.S. consumers will be celebrating Father’s Day, spending an average of $115 on their dads.
Where will all of that money be going?
Greeting Cards 80%
Gift cards 21%
Where do consumers plan to shop for dad?
Department Stores 29%
Discount Stores 28%
Specialty Outlets 27%
Half of the consumers indicated that they would celebrate this $8 billion dollar retail holiday at a brunch, lunch, or dinner.
Source: Brand Keys, May 2006
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022