Brian Depew, The Rural Populist blog, has the story on businesses moving into our rural
School Buildings for Sale. This is happening all across the US heartland.
Nearby Carmen, Oklahoma, recently brought in a pool supply company, to their town of 400. Buffalo, Oklahoma, population 1200, recruited a textbook business, and had two more potential businesses on the line looking to relocate out of urban areas.
There have been problems. Some folks take a while to adjust to the different realities of rural business. Perhaps one lesson to learn is that like most entrepreneurs, relocated business people will need a network of support while they make adjustments.
small biz rural entrepreneurship
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022