Nearby Carmen, Oklahoma, recently brought in a pool supply company, to their town of 400. Buffalo, Oklahoma, population 1200, recruited a textbook business, and had two more potential businesses on the line looking to relocate out of urban areas.
There have been problems. Some folks take a while to adjust to the different realities of rural business. Perhaps one lesson to learn is that like most entrepreneurs, relocated business people will need a network of support while they make adjustments.
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020