Romanian Entrepreneur Cristian Dorobantescu tells his story of not performing perfectly for a client. This was not just any client; in fact, it was his first client. What did he do to turn around a potentially bad situation? (I’ve emphasized a few of his best points in bold.)
First thing first. My services were not so good. So why did he come back? Because I’ve put a lot of work on making the site right, even if it was difficult and we didn’t do it right from the beginning. He saw commitment to the job and that I kept on working, without worrying about the extra work and the limited price on the project.
Next important thing, I followed up with the guy after the implementation. He saw I care about his business. And he needed another site, so why look somewhere else?
I think that you shouldn’t be afraid of letting your customers know that you are a start-up. They will expect you to make mistakes. But because they once were a startup, they will accept it. And they know that just because you are a startup you are going to work harder and keep the costs low. Sometimes the value comes from commitment and not 100% quality!
So, if you are small or new, work hard and follow up :)
Read Cristian’s whole post, when your solution is not your best, for more of this story.
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021