Romanian Entrepreneur Cristian Dorobantescu tells his story of not performing perfectly for a client. This was not just any client; in fact, it was his first client. What did he do to turn around a potentially bad situation? (I’ve emphasized a few of his best points in bold.)
First thing first. My services were not so good. So why did he come back? Because I’ve put a lot of work on making the site right, even if it was difficult and we didn’t do it right from the beginning. He saw commitment to the job and that I kept on working, without worrying about the extra work and the limited price on the project.
Next important thing, I followed up with the guy after the implementation. He saw I care about his business. And he needed another site, so why look somewhere else?
I think that you shouldn’t be afraid of letting your customers know that you are a start-up. They will expect you to make mistakes. But because they once were a startup, they will accept it. And they know that just because you are a startup you are going to work harder and keep the costs low. Sometimes the value comes from commitment and not 100% quality!
So, if you are small or new, work hard and follow up :)
Read Cristian’s whole post, when your solution is not your best, for more of this story.
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Spotlight on Community - November 10, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Spotlight a local business - November 9, 2022
- Picking your Holiday 2022 marketing theme - November 8, 2022
- Shared retail spaces and sheds: smart business ideas in small towns - October 17, 2022