One of the most crucial areas of decision making for retailers is pricing. Yet, we have found that small firms often do not have well-conceived pricing plans.
Joel R. Evans and Barry Berman started their six part series on Developing Your Pricing Strategy with this painfully accurate observation.
The series covers:
- Developing Your Pricing Strategy
- Pricing Philosophy and Setting Retail Prices
- MSRP, Fair Pricing and the Competition
- Planning for Shrink, Price Lining and Advertising
- Markups, Inventory Valuation and Odd Pricing
- Everyday Low Pricing and Displaying Prices
This is a comprehesive examiniation of pricing strategies. Perhaps no other decisions affect your profitability as much as pricing, so prepare to spend some time with Evans and Berman.
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021