One of the most crucial areas of decision making for retailers is pricing. Yet, we have found that small firms often do not have well-conceived pricing plans.
Joel R. Evans and Barry Berman started their six part series on Developing Your Pricing Strategy with this painfully accurate observation.
The series covers:
- Developing Your Pricing Strategy
- Pricing Philosophy and Setting Retail Prices
- MSRP, Fair Pricing and the Competition
- Planning for Shrink, Price Lining and Advertising
- Markups, Inventory Valuation and Odd Pricing
- Everyday Low Pricing and Displaying Prices
This is a comprehesive examiniation of pricing strategies. Perhaps no other decisions affect your profitability as much as pricing, so prepare to spend some time with Evans and Berman.
[small biz] [rural] [entrepreneurship] [pricing]
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022