By Ed Morrison, EDPro
One of the paradoxes of globalization is that our rural economies have multiple new opportunities to build wealth.
The expanding role of entrepreneurship in rural economic development, combined with the emergence of smaller towns, open up new horizons for rural economies. (On the emergence of smaller towns, see Jack Schultz’ book, Boom Town USA.)
In addition, new biotechnologies create opportunities in agribusiness development. Here’s an example, in Amarillo last week, civic leaders held a conference on BioEconomics. Read more. This approach to development has been discussed in international development circles. Read more.
Oklahoma just held an aerospace conference. Any other examples of new technology creating new opportunities in rural areas?
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022