PRMama has a great article on Marketing at a convention or trade show. Here is a sample:
Do listen to customer concerns—If a current customer voices a concern, be attentive. Listen carefully to their concerns, ask questions, and do everything you can to resolve the situation and keep the customer. Happy customers make repeat customers.
Do have printed catalogs or brochures for prospects—On the first day of a homeschool convention, many moms and dads are just checking out the convention to see what’s available. They may not make a decision until the next day or even weeks down the road. Give them something they can take home or back to their hotel room. Let them take their time in reading information about your product so they can make the best buying decisions for their families.
Don’t let body language ruin your sales—A friendly smile will draw people to your booth. Be open and inviting. Don’t cross your arms over your chest. This gives the impression that you don’t want to be bothered. When you’re talking to a customer, make eye contact. If you display confidence, they’re more likely to trust you and what you’re telling them about your product.
Check out the other six tips at PRMama.
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022