Does your small biz assign job titles to people? Do you get any benefit from it? Rand at SEOmoz asked that question:
I made the executive decision today that having titles like CEO, CTO, Project Manager, etc. really doesn’t serve us well. It inaccurately describe the jobs that we do and creates executive level distinctions that aren’t entirely functional in a small business environment. Thus, I’ll be taking a cue from my girlfriend, who was hired at Cranium with the job title “Princess Leia Organiza” (she’s responsible for a lot of organizational management) and developing more creative titles for the folks at SEOmoz.
Besides which, it’s not healthy to take yourself too seriously. I can’t wait to see the looks from business card receipients :)
So if you have formal titles, dump them. It’s your business, so let your personality come through. Imagine what fun we could have making up liquor store job titles!
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Spotlight on Community - November 10, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Spotlight a local business - November 9, 2022
- Picking your Holiday 2022 marketing theme - November 8, 2022
- Shared retail spaces and sheds: smart business ideas in small towns - October 17, 2022