From the Center for Rural Affairs:
Congress Must Act Now for Rural America!
There are practical strategies that work, strategies to revitalize 21st century rural communities. But local initiatives must be matched by federal policies that support rural revitalization, rather than hinder it. The 2007 farm bill provides one vehicle to chart a new course.
Our goal is to gather 10,000 signatures on the Strenthen Rural America Petition and present the signatures to members of Congress in August 2006. And we need you help to make it happen!
Interested? Read and sign the petition.
small biz rural entrepreneurship cfra
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
Center for Rural Affairs says
In addition to signing the Strengthen Rural America Petition, we need help getting the word out. Send this link to everyone you can think of and urge them to sign the petition. Rural America is worth fighting for, and if we don’t do it, who will? thanks, John Crabtree
The Strengthen Rural America Petition – http://www.cfra.org/nran_endorse.htm